poplar tree or what are the most profitable trees to plant.

Douglas Watson watson3 at cyberhighway.net
Sun Dec 15 10:24:05 EST 1996

Don Staples <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:

>erkmen gonul wrote:
>> i ve a land which is 20 acres, cotton land actually ,  i m planning to plant poplar tree .   can anyone give some sophisticated info about this or help me where should i go to get the info.
>> * which poplar kind is more valuable, and profitable etc

>Kind of depends on your location.  Check with your local agriculture agent from state or province, they can get you a start.  Poplar may not be what you want, depending on site, soil, etc., the pros for the govment  can help you along.   If your in the US, check with a local consulting forester on planting costs and recommendations.

I'm a Professional Forester from Oregon.  What are you going to do
with the trees?  If there is a market for the trees, what is the cost
to get to market?  What does the market want?  Will the market be
there when your trees are ready to harvest?

Or, are there other uses, wind break, aesthetics, wood for your own
use, soil stabilization???

Doug Watson