Protecting young stands

Ken Mayhew kmayhew at news.peinet.pe.ca
Thu Dec 19 08:43:02 EST 1996

I am looking for information on protecting young stands from premature harvest.
Specifically. I mean young stands that can provide an economic return to the
harvester but would provide a much higher return if they were left alone to
mature.

Harvesting of young stands has become a bit of a problem in this area and
this will have a serious impact on future wood supplies. Any work on codes of
practice, legislations, policies, etc. would be greatly appreciated. If you
know of document online, please post the address or if you now of somewhere I
write, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanx
Ken