Hemp - the fiber of the past

FITanT fitant at aol.com
Tue Dec 31 14:39:00 EST 1996

Yes the hemp plant that wonderous plant that has the power to clean the
attmosphere of radon and most other polutants; grows faster and chaeper
than trees. Has a better fiber source for paper. Is the stuff that gasahol
was concevieved of. ( yes in the heyday of the automobile the gasoline
engine was concieved to run on a product made from the hemp plant.
Medical science is still debating the benifits of some properties in it's
leaves.  And the government still just can't figure out how to tax it.

Yes... because of a little side effect from the burning leaves, this
wonderous crop has been outlawed.  It can be the salvation in the 21st
century.  Where soyabeans were the miracale crop of the 20-30- 40 and up
through the 60's, hemp will again reemurage.  This time of course with
proper regulation.

Can you imagine a world or even a government to dominated by the oil
ecconomy? Why should we have to risk so many american lives to protect
government stability for a buch of very wealthy sand jocky religious
fanatics.

You want to curb drug crime too??? another story.

Yes we have the power to clean the earth, save our precious resources,
block oil  company and oil producing area blackmail. We even have the
power to bust organized drug crime.  All from the agribusiness of hemp.
Please note I said business not decriminilization of.  Pitty we do not
have the political backbone to be practical.

Discussion welcome.