WHOPPERS on logging

BIELECKJ at dnr.state.mi.us BIELECKJ at dnr.state.mi.us
Fri Feb 9 15:53:13 EST 1996

>   "D. Braun" <dbraun at u.washington.edu> writes:
>

>  On 7 Feb 1996, Mckeantree wrote:
>
>  > Hey people here is something from WCWC Canada:
>  >
>  > Three BIG Whoppers about forestry:
>  >
>  >

>  Lets have some more......

Do us all a favor and give us some sound, VIABLE alternatives to these problems (and please don't say lock up all of these acres
in some wilderness area).  Like it or not, we are a wood using society and will likely remain so well into the immediate future.
While I am not familiar with the problems the Canadians face, I do know that the Forest Management Division of the Michigan
Department of Natural Resources (who I work for) is DEEPLY committed to maintaining and enhancing the various forest
ecosystems that exist over the 3.8 million acre Michigan State Forest System.  Please don't make gross generalizations about the
Forestry profession based on what MAY be happening in one part of the world.  You do yourself and your beliefs a disservice.