Planetary Re-Education: HEMP SAVES WORLD

Mike Weatherholtz dlw at
Wed Feb 14 16:40:47 EST 1996

Louis Couture <coutur at> wrote:

>Yes it is my understanding that Hem depletes the soil. Sustained
>harvesting would require heavy use of fertilizers and could lead
>to ground water polution problems.

Wrong. The USDA reports  (from before hemp was mae illegal) that the
same field was used for hemp with NO fertilizers for 12 years. It
needsno fertilizers unledd the soil is poor, and needs little or no
weeding as it crowds out weeds. It also preents erosion with 7 foot
-Mike Weatherholtz

"I do not agree with a word you say,
 but I will defend to the death your
 right to say it."