How many trees?

Tom at ifsco.com Tom at ifsco.com
Thu Feb 22 17:57:02 EST 1996

>   jack.perdue at afpe.com writes:

>  I think the answer may shock you. Actually, the answer is probably NONE!
>  Much of the fiber that goes into making paper is residues from lumber
>  manufacturing. The forest products industry must be very efficient today and
>  uses everything from the tree. What doesn't go into lumber is chipped and used
>  to make paper. The bark is used for mulch around your house. The sawdust is
>  used for animal bedding or mixed into the mulch.
>

>  --Jack

If trees are not used to make paper, we have a hugh number of pulp wood trucks and operators here in
the south that are going to be very surprised at this revelation.-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
 -  -
Tom Starkey - tom at ifsco.com
International Forest Seed Company
"Helping People Grow Trees"
Providing Container & Bareroot Seedlings, Seeds and Services
P.O. Box 490, Odenville, AL  35120
205-629-6461