Forestry Programs

Gren4ester gren4ester at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 07:45:29 EST 1996

I would suggest a few schools to look at.  My favorite Virginia Polytech
(Alumni undergrad), University of Maine (Alumni grade school),  all the
Ivy league schools also tend to have forestry programs(Harvard, Yale,
Duke), and University of Oregon.  I will not be much use for Universitys
on  the West Coast.  If your son is really interested in public land
management and recreation make sure the program has a good program.  Some
forestry programs are more industrially geared (such as West Virginia) and
do not offer recreation or environmental options.