Planetary Re-Education: HEMP SAVES WORLD

Kathy Ging kging at efn.org
Tue Jan 23 03:40:40 EST 1996

Second part of this post is about the passage of a resolution by the
American Farm Bureau Federation, largest farm org in U.S. - 4.6 million
people - calling for research that could lead to the reintroduction of
hemp into the American farm economy.
* * *
Study of this plant reveals that it could successfully replace
most of our petroleum, tree, aluminum and meat based economy
with houses, clothes, paper, food, fuel and sacrament made of
various strains of hemp. I mention houses because of the pioneer work of
Madame Perrier in France who builds about 250 houses
a year from isochanvre - the hurds of hemp. It conserves warmth in
winter and coolth in summer because of the high silica content of
the plant.

Also, samples of medium density fiberboard-MDF-made from hemp have been
the subject of experimentation - such samples have been shown thru
initial testing to be stronger than Douglas fir tree fiber.

You can read about MDF, isochanvre, et al in the 9th or later edition of
the book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes: Hemp and the Marijuana Conspiracy
(the authoritative historical record of the cannabis plant, marijuana
prohibition & how Hemp can still save the world)  by Jack Herer (HEMP
Publishing  5632 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys, CA, USA  91401. ISBN
1-878124-00-1).

Or get the Australian made video: BILLION DOLLAR CROP by
Barbara Cobocky, Michael Cordell and Jeffrey Bruer available
from: Documentary Films, POB 7010, McMahons Point, NSW 2060
Australia  tel: (02) 955-6160,  fax (02) 923-1479 (54 minutes):

Ohio Hempery should be selling it again in a couple months: -
1-800-Buy-HEMP or 614-662-4367. Cost about $20 + shipping.

"The chronicle of hemp*s transformation from miracle crop to
public menace is made clear. The powerful vested interests of
industrial lobby groups which motivated this prohibition are
also exposed for the first time on television." (video case)

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!  er... maybe not-industrial
hemp has l/2 of one percent of the THC in marijuana (THC is the
active ingredient in marijuana that induces euphoria or pananoia -
depending on whether you are a process of the sixties or a product
of the nineties!

The above cited book and video should be required reading in every
school on earth - a dimension of planetary re-education.

Decades ago, reading a book about marijuana (maybe Marijuana Botany?):
I discovered that some Himalayan monks have kept a cannabis plant
alive for 100 years. It is possible, obviously, if you cherish
a plant, to coax it to longevity, fulfilling its and your destiny.
Plants and humans animate each other.

The White Rabbit tells me that some cannabis plants in Lebanon (the
country, not the city in Kentucky mentioned in second part of post)
have lived for hundreds of years.  Hemp is a 10,000 year old
plant - surely, dedicated humans have learned a few tips by now.
Richard Schultes  *The Golden Guide to Hallucinogenic Plants*
is the source, White Rabbit says, of the Lebanon plant info.

I would not listen to the gent in one NG who palpably expresses his
lack of affection for this unique plant and his servitude to
manmade laws.

DISCLAIMER: I do not advocate smoking this plant. However, if you
know how to make the temple beverage of India, bhang,
a kind of green marijuana milkshake with an oz. of female marijuana
tops, warm milk (lassi), rose water and garam masala added, it is a
ritual drink that about 12 can enjoy, and could help society evolve
away from closet drugs.

The story goes that when the Indian god Shiva (deity of
destruction) wakes up on his birthday every year, he notices
that humanity has not changed for the better. His third eye
awakens ready to destroy the world.  Holy men drink the bhang to
calm him down, and put him back to sleep for a year. I
think the recipe was in a book of Indian cooking - 7 Flavors of India.

Pleasant dreams! of a Planet restored to tribalism - rhythmic,
spiritual harmony with mineral, vegetable, animal and information
kindoms - and an abundance of fiber - perfumey and otherwise.                                    ******* White Magnetic
******* White Magnetic Spiritual Warrior Healer *******
(esoteric sister of White Magnetic World Bridger aka Blue Rhythmic
Monkey aka 4th Density Dude)

OVER 30 NATIONS APPROVE OF INDUSTRIAL HEMP - U.S. NEXT?
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
**Hemp Hemp Hooray for the following best news of the week**

Subject: Fwd: AFBF Supports Industrial Hemp
>The Lebanon Enterprise
>Lebanon, Kentucky
>Wednesday, January 17, 1996
>>Front Page
>
>       The American Farm Bureau Federation, the largest farming
organization in the United States with 4.6 million members, passed a
resolution last week at its annual convention in Reno, Nev., calling for
research that could lead to the reintroduction of hemp into the American
farm economy.

>      The resolution, adopted by a unanimous vote of the state Farm
Bureau presidents and all 300 voting convention delegates, says: "We
recommend that American Farm Bureau Federation encourage research into
the viability and economic potential of industrial hemp production in the
United States. We further recommend that such research includes planting
test plots in the United States using modern agricultural techniques."

>      Marion County's Craig Lee, an associate member of the Kentucky
Hemp Growers Cooperative Association, said, "I know this is a big step
forward for the Kentucky farmer, who is under great pressure to hold onto
his farm and to make a living from that farm. This will help farmers
diversify, and it will give added value to their farms.

"I know if the farmer ceases to exist, we all pay the price for his
>non-existence. If we can hold a vision as a state and be the first to
help diversify the farmer into growing hemp as a sustainable agricultural
product, it will be one more commodity he will have to make an income from."

Lee said the Farm Bureau's resolution "is going to be a major factor in
>amending these laws on hemp, where it can be used as a rural economic
development program. This will help our state, our communities, and local
businesses."

>     "We need to go forward and have a vision into this resolution," Lee
continued. "The farmer needs something. We've tried everything else."

       Often described as "marijuana's misunderstood cousin," industrial
hemp is from the same plant species that produces marijuana. Unlike
marijuana, however, industrial hemp has only minute amounts of
tetrahydrocannabinols, or THC, the psychoactive ingredient that gives
marijuana its drug properties,
>according to a news release from the Kentucky Hemp Growers Cooperative
Association Inc. (KHGCA), in Lexington.

>      Industrial hemp is currently grown legally throughout Europe and
Asia and is being grown in test plots in Australia and Canada, the news
release said.

>      Andrew Graves, incoming president of the Fayette County chapter of
the Kentucky Farm Bureau and vice-president of the KHGCA, introduced the
resolution at the convention.

>      Graves' family farm, just outside Lexington, grew 500 acres of
seed hemp for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's "Hemp for Victory"
campaign during the 1940s.

>      "What we are asking for is research to determine whether
industrial hemp can once again become a profitable agricultural commodity
for American farmers just as it is for farmers in other countries around
the world," said Graves. "Where would agriculture be without research?"
farmers just as it is for farmers in other countries around the world,"
said Graves. "Where would agriculture be without research?"

>     Thomas J. Ballanco, legal analyst for the Colorado Council for
>Industrial Hemp Development and author of the "Colorado Industrial Hemp
Production Act of 1996," which is pending before that state's
legislature, also attended the convention.

>    Commenting on federal legislation that prohibits marijuana
production, Ballanco said, "Congress never intended to discourage
legitimate industrial hemp farming and federal law still allows its
production. It is pretty clear from the Congressional Record that
Congress intended to allow farmers to continue to produce the non-drug
hemp crop."

>      In a separate resolution at the convention, the American Farm
Bureau also voted to affirm its policy in support of government efforts
to eradicate illegal drugs, including marijuana. farmers just as it is