Planetary Re-Education: HEMP SAVES WORLD

Matthew Weinert M.Weinert at
Tue Jan 30 17:29:09 EST 1996

In article <4elgik$pij at>, alland at says...
>I have a sincere question for hemp-for-paper-pulp advocates:
>Why would we want to convert forests, which have many wonderful attributes
>besides producing wood for pulp, to hemp plantations, which seem rather
>to me?
>Allan Derickson
>Derickson Forestry Services
>Freeland, Washington, U.S.A.  alland at
The idea is nto to convert existing forests to hemp plantations, but to use
existing agricultural land for the production of hemp. This saves the forests
and gives farmers an alternative cropping system