Dope saves the world NOT!

arne at snowcrest.net arne at snowcrest.net
Wed Jan 31 06:48:28 EST 1996

In article <9601310257.AA19403 at fsp.fsp.com> tkellar at FSP.FSP.COM (Thomas Kellar) writes:
>From: tkellar at FSP.FSP.COM (Thomas Kellar)
>Newsgroups: bionet.agroforestry
>Subject: Re: ...: HEMP SAVES WORLD (NOT!) (fwd)
>Date: 30 Jan 1996 18:59:22 -0800
>Sender: daemon at net.bio.net

deleted for idiocy

>> >The idea is nto to convert existing forests to hemp plantations, but to use
>> >existing agricultural land for the production of hemp. This saves the forests
>> >and gives farmers an alternative cropping system
>>
>> >Matt
>> Fuzzy logic, Matt. You assume (wrongly) that forests need saving. There's more
>> forests, trees, volume, however you want to quantify it, than there was 200
>> years ago.

>Where did you get this information??? the Rush Limbaugh Forestry server?
>More trees that 200 years ago, how can you utter such nonsense?
First-hand knowledge.  I live here. I work here. I even went to college (yes,
Thomas, even conservatives graduate from college). Any scientific review of
the historic aspects of forestry will show you this (forest history, not
graduation from college). The new world forests, contrary to the idyllic
perception of the eco-pixies, were not without widespread destruction; massive
devasting fires that make todays forest harvests look like nothing. Sir
Francis Drake's logs (no pun) recount sailing down the Pacific Coast for days
and seeing a continuous fire blazing along much of the coast. The science of
dendrochronology says much the same. Now how did the salmonids survive when
entire watersheds of hundred of square miles were completely immolated.

It's a myth, believed by most of you city-folk, that the forests of the past
we're like the parks of today. And this is a cleverly devised myth by the
eco-lobby to further their powerful "chicken-little" fundraising efforts.

And what's Rush Limbaugh got to do with it? Does he upset you? I wonder why...

>> Give me a break: "Planetary re-education"  "Hemp Saves the World" who's
>> kidding whom?
>> This whole thing is just a thinly veiled campaign to legalize dope.

>Maybe that would cure some of the hypocrisy the world is suffering
>from.

Smoking dope curing the worlds hypocrisy? Now there's some sound reasoning!
Concerning your passion to defend dope..."me thinks thou dost protest too
much." -Othello
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em, eh?

>--
>Thomas Kellar      Tkellar at Dayton.fsp.com
>    How can I wear the harness of toil, and sweat at the daily round,
>     While in my soul forever The drums of Pictdom sound? - REHoward

--Sincerely,
Arne Hultgren
Mt. Shasta, Cal.