Forest Fire

Mark Watson s746535 at ipnet.ins.gu.edu.au
Thu Mar 7 22:15:09 EST 1996

Ditch wrote:

> Jean-Marc FRIGERIO <jmf at pierroton.inra.fr> wrote:
> >Jean-Benoit Lanca wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey, I was wondering if perhaps someone knew of any: conferences, list
> >> servers, mail groups...; anything on: forest fires, fire ecology, fire
> >> maps or mapping....
>
> On the Australian National University (Dept. Forestry) home page there is a
> connectioon to 'Firenet'.  I have not looked at this page for some time but I
> believe it is ever-expanding.  the forestry home page is:
>
> http://www.anu.edu.au/Forestry/home.html
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Ditch

Jean-Marc,

There is a conference to be held at Lorne (in Victoria, Australia) in
October 27-31 titled: "13th Conference on Fire and Meterology" with
emphasis on landscape fires. I have just started my PhD on identifying
fire-resistive vegetation, and if you would like to exchange info my
email is eastran at ipnet.ins.gu.edu.au Not the above address, (I'm
borrowing someones computer!!)
Cheers. Cuong Tran.