EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

J Zeigler microz at homenet.ie
Tue Nov 12 05:20:58 EST 1996

David Whitt wrote:

> In article <01bbcf7f$c22966b0$140a6dce at tendo_dojo>,
> R Walker <rww at neosoft.com> wrote:
> >We live in a land of law, not emotional kneejerkism.  The EF!'s violated
> >the law, and they got hammered for it.
>
> Your adoration for authority is sickening at best.  Laws, like language,
> is fluid and changes over time.  What is right and what is legal is not
> always the same.  Your mindset is that of a child who does not think for
> himself and is looking for someone bigger to show the way and lead.  You
> would have felt right at home in Germany 55 years ago.

Actually David, I was thinking the same thing, except that the Nazi's
were very adept at terrorizing the population, much like the EF!'s.
Probably why the Jury hammered them so hard. The laws do change over
time, and what's morally right isn't necessarily in accord with the law;
that's one of the reasons we give a Jury in Oregon the right to decide
on the facts AS WELL AS THE LAW.

Further, the child is the one who thinks he has to make the decision,
the adult is the one that is willing to let a jury of his peers make the
decision. Your logic is just about as faulty as it comes.

--
John R. Zeigler

Unsolicited commercial email will be proof-read with
the help of the mailer, his postmaster, and if necessary,
his upstream provider(s).