EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

J Zeigler microz at homenet.ie
Tue Nov 12 05:11:50 EST 1996

David Whitt wrote:

> In article <3285AA7D.5BAD at homenet.ie>, J Zeigler  <microz at homenet.ie> wrote:
> >The protestors argument was not with the logger, it was with the
> >government who allowed the logging to take place. Unfortunately,
> >sometimes when you take the law into your own hands they get burned.
> >Sometimes worse than others. Isn't the environmental group that lost the
> >case also incorporated? Then I see little difference!
> agree that we should try changing the laws through the system but
> sometimes the system needs a serious jumpstart (as with the blacks who
> refused to sit at the back of the bus - all illegal at the time, or with
> those who went on strike in the early union days).  When you look at what
> is right and what is wrong through the myopia of the legal code, you can
> lose perspective of the big picture.  Corporations such as the ones EF!
> confronts see things in terms of dollars and net profits, quaterly and
> annual earnings.  Environmentalists see things in terms of life and its
> beauty, centuries and eons.  See the difference?

Yea, but you apparently don't! How many of the blacks were burning the
busses? These people weren't engaging in peaceful demonstration. They
were being terrorists, pure and simple.

--
John R. Zeigler

Unsolicited commercial email will be proof-read with
the help of the mailer, his postmaster, and if necessary,
his upstream provider(s).