EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

Steve Shook esw at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 12 08:59:01 EST 1996

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> Steve Shook wrote:
>
> > Exactly!  Exxon, as a corporation, certainly didn't conspire
> > to spill high-valued crude oil.
> >
> > Steve
>
> No, but having incompetents as captains of their ships didn't show much
> corporate responsibility. And those commy pinko liberal tree hugging
> faggot femminazzi environmentalists had been saying for years that the
> oil companies should convert to double hulled tankers, but the oil
> companies wouldn't do so.

Joseph,
While you have a great point (that I do agree with 100 percent), you're
still missing the point.  Exxon did not premeditate, willfully conspire,
or maliciously set out to spill the oil. Yes, they were negligent in
letting a man who had a personal problem (i.e., alcohol abuser) be at
the helm.  A company cannot program the personal aspects of their
employees - and sometimes personal problems can spread to problems
that were completely unforeseen by the company or anyone else for that
matter. The EF!ers  did premeditate, willfully conspire, and maliciously
set out to destroy the property (as well as current and future business)
or a relatively very small company (not a HUGE corporation as some have
implied in their posts to this thread). Law is law - which we must all
abide by or try to change through legislative or regulatory means
rather than violence.

I'm not quite clear about your "And those commy pinko liberal tree
hugging faggot femminazzi environmentalists" comment??? Please
explain.....

Regards,
Steve