EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

D. Braun dbraun at u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 11 19:26:36 EST 1996

On 11 Nov 1996, Mike Asher wrote:

> R Walker <rww at neosoft.com> wrote:
> > > But if the true damage was only $20,000 then why the &#@*% did the
> court
> > > award the company over a million bucks? Is Idaho owned lock stock and
> > > barrel by these big corporations? I doubt that that kind of award will
> > > be upheld in appeal.
> >
> > The lefty's started the use of lawsuits to silence opposition, I'm
> > just glad to see it come back and bite them on the butt.
> >

> Left and right aside, I'm glad simply to see justice done, which in this
> case, it was.  Perhaps they will learn that "monkeywrenching" is
> terrorism...illegal, immoral, and dangerous as well.

Mike, Mike, Mike--- please don't jump on the "eco-terrorist" smear band
wagon. We have been down this road before.  Remember the so-called
Unibomber-EF! connection? It proved to be the product of media hype and
planted, false stories by some anti-enviro zealots.  You simply demean
yourself signing on to this sort of thing.

		Dave Braun