EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

charliew charliew at hal-pc.org
Tue Nov 12 19:13:29 EST 1996

In article <5697um$11q at newz.oit.unc.edu>,
   davwhitt at med.unc.edu (David Whitt) wrote:

>In article <3287C305.D53 at livingston.net>,
>Don Staples  <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:
>>Have you ever noticed these UK dudes have all the
environmental answers,
>>after they have screwed up most of their former colonies
environment
>>through exploitation?
>

>Have you ever noticed how Americans are so quick to judge
others without
>noticing their own hypocricy?  The United States, I am sad
to admit being
>an American, has one of the worst histories of global
imperialism and
>exploitation which continues to this day.  At least the
Brits have stopped
>for the most part.

Brits stopped because we (the U.S.) took up where they left
off.  In this case, I am agreeing with you.  However, Great
Britain is not without blame.  If Great Britain was still
the military and economic power that it was 200 years ago, I
am sure that it would still be as imperial as ever.  Want a
good example?  How about the Falklands?