EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

Bruce Scott TOK bds at ipp-garching.mpg.de
Wed Nov 13 14:49:24 EST 1996

Lars E. Toftemark (ltoftema at willamette.edu) wrote:
: > > > case, it was.  Perhaps they will learn that "monkeywrenching" is
: > > > terrorism...illegal, immoral, and dangerous as well.
: > >
: > > Mike, Mike, Mike--- please don't jump on the "eco-terrorist" smear band
: > > wagon. We have been down this road before.  Remember the so-called
: > > Unibomber-EF! connection? It proved to be the product of media hype and
: > > planted, false stories by some anti-enviro zealots.  You simply demean
: > > yourself signing on to this sort of thing.
: >
: > It's not a smear to applaud the punishment of a criminal act.  Interesting,
: > you should mention the "so-called Unabomber-EF connection".  I was
: > surprised, just today, when doing some research, to find the entire text of
: > the Unabomber's Manifesto....right off the Earth First homepage.
: > Forsooth.  Go look if you don't believe me.
: >

|> The thing that is more worriesome than the Unabomber-EF connection (real
|> or otherwise) is the Al Gore - Unabomber connection. Ted had a copy of
|> Al Gore's book in his little shack. Also, if you read the Gore's book
|> "Earth in the balance" and the manifesto there are several paragraphs
|> where it is hard to determine who wrote them.  When I showed these
|> paragraphs to friends they had hard time guessing who wrote which.  I
|> don't care that these views are in the marketplace, but it does bother
|> me when they are held by the Vice-President.

I am reposting this because I want to see Mike Asher answer it.

--
Mach's gut!
Bruce Scott, Max-Planck-Institut fuer Plasmaphysik, bds at ipp-garching.mpg.de

Remember John Hron:       http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hron-john/