EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

Bruce Scott TOK bds at ipp-garching.mpg.de
Wed Nov 13 14:43:59 EST 1996

charliew (charliew at hal-pc.org) wrote:
: In article <5697um$11q at newz.oit.unc.edu>,
:    davwhitt at med.unc.edu (David Whitt) wrote:
: >
: >In article <3287C305.D53 at livingston.net>,
: >Don Staples  <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:
: >>Have you ever noticed these UK dudes have all the
: environmental answers,
: >>after they have screwed up most of their former colonies
: environment
: >>through exploitation?
: >
: >
: >Have you ever noticed how Americans are so quick to judge
: others without
: >noticing their own hypocricy?  The United States, I am sad
: to admit being
: >an American, has one of the worst histories of global
: imperialism and
: >exploitation which continues to this day.  At least the
: Brits have stopped
: >for the most part.
: >
: Brits stopped because we (the U.S.) took up where they left
: off.  In this case, I am agreeing with you.  However, Great
: Britain is not without blame.  If Great Britain was still
: the military and economic power that it was 200 years ago, I
: am sure that it would still be as imperial as ever.  Want a
: good example?  How about the Falklands?

I agree.  But it was pretty silly of the previous poster to suggest that
"the Brits" are in any way homogeneous.

Same for the Germans.  You have people selling Chernobyl-fallout
polluted milk to Egypt, and others willing to risk their lives trying to
get Shell to think before dumping that platform into the ocean.

--
Mach's gut!
Bruce Scott, Max-Planck-Institut fuer Plasmaphysik, bds at ipp-garching.mpg.de

Remember John Hron:       http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hron-john/