EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

John M. Sully jmsully at isdn-sc70.corp.sgi.com
Thu Nov 14 00:45:50 EST 1996

In article <01bbd1d8$fefaa1c0$89d0d6cc at masher>, "Mike Asher" <masher at tusc.net> writes:
> Bruce Scott TOK  <bds at ipp-garching.mpg.de> wrote:
> >
> > : It's not a smear to applaud the punishment of a criminal
> > : act. Interesting, you should mention the "so-called Unabomber-EF
> > : connection".  I was surprised, just today, when doing some
> > : research, to find the entire text of the Unabomber's
> > : Manifesto....right off the Earth First homepage.  Forsooth.  Go
> > : look if you don't believe me.
> >
> > Which one?  I didn't see it at South Downs.
> >
> Try www.earthfirst.com

Well, I just did a whois and here are the results (BTW, my guess is that
EF! would be a .org instead of a .com...):

	   1931 Curtis Avenue
	   Redondo Beach, CA 90278

	   Domain Name: EARTHFIRST.COM

	   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
	      Fortier, Tom  (TF334)  tom at CRUZNET.NET

	   Record last updated on 07-Nov-96.
	   Record created on 07-Sep-96.

	   Domain servers in listed order:

Here is the opening paragraph of the page:

	We, at Earth First!, know that our organization might not have
	the largest brain pool, when compared with other causes, and
	that we don't shower quite as often as other groups do, and
	that we have few friends, and that we sell rain forest wood
	for home building to support our cause, and we like to write
	really long sentences, but we don't care because we have
	nothing better to do and we are always looking for new

A cursory reading of this paragraph reveals it to be a rather lame
attempt at satire.  Mike, you are either a fool or a liar.  Which is