EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

J Zeigler microz at homenet.ie
Wed Nov 13 08:36:28 EST 1996

Bruce Scott TOK wrote:

> charliew (charliew at hal-pc.org) wrote:
> : In article <32884817.57C2 at vgernet.net>,
> :    Joseph Zorzin <redoak at vgernet.net> wrote:
> : >charliew wrote:
> : >
> : >> The 64 million dollar question is: Do you advocate
> : illegal
> : >> actions to stop an activity that you consider legal but
> : >> "wrong"?
> : >
> : >If the action doesn't hurt anyone, it may be reasonable.
> : >
> : >That's how Gahndi threw the British imperialists out of
> : India. Imagine,
> : >he dared break the law by telling his followers to gather
> : salt from
> : >ocean. What a terrible crime! Those "limies" didn't have a
> : clue how to
> : >deal with him.
>
> : Finally!  Someone in this newsgroup with the intelligence to
> : advocate civil (non-violent) disobedience.  Bravo!
>
> But still illegal.  I don't remember any non-environmentalist in these
> groups standing up for the moral action of logging protestors who get
> beaten up and then dumped in jail for the crime of chaining oneself to a
> tree.

Probably because that wasn't the thrust of this thread. On the other
hand you didn't hear me condemming the actions of the blacks with
regards to busses did you? I just pointed out they weren't burning them.

Peaceful civil disobediance is a whole different thread, this thread is
about the events surrounding the EF! fine. Good try though!

--
John R. Zeigler

Unsolicited commercial email will be proof-read with
the help of the mailer, his postmaster, and if necessary,
his upstream provider(s).