EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

David Whitt davwhitt at med.unc.edu
Thu Nov 14 12:13:49 EST 1996

In article <01bbd23d$f86a1380$660c6dce at tendo_dojo>,
R Walker <rww at neosoft.com> wrote:
>David Whitt <davwhitt at med.unc.edu> wrote in article
>> With people like you now we know why the Republicans lost the white house
>> in '92 and '96.
>
>Uh pardon me.   The white house is based on the economy.  Economy doing
>poorly, incumbant looses.  Economy doing well, incumbant wins.   92.
>Republican incumbant, poor economy, Democrat wins.  88, Republican
>incumbant, good economy, Republican wins.  96, Democrat incumbant, good
>economy, Democrat wins.   I don't see where this is just to hard to figure
>out.

Economy is ONE factor that affects the presidential election.  It is also
a poor guide to go by because the president has limited affect on the
economy and that effect usually takes years to show.  Buffoons vote the
way you describe.

>Of course, the white house doesn't write legislation... hheheheheheheh.
>We *definately* got the better end of *THIS* deal.

An, as shown so clearly in '94-95, the Republican Congress can't pass the
legislation without presidential authorization and the Democratic Congress
members' votes.

      ****                   David Whitt     davwhitt at med.unc.edu
     ** ***
         **                  No one can make you feel inferior
         ***                 without your consent.
         ****                                 -Eleanor Roosevelt
        ***  *
       ***   **   *          People often find it easier to be a result
      ***    ******          of the past than a cause of the future.