CITY NURSERY: Need Suggestions - Howto Set Up, etc.

adleak at wp-lag.mindspring.com adleak at wp-lag.mindspring.com
Fri Nov 15 15:47:23 EST 1996

Valley, Alabama.  Just became *Tree City USA*.  Pop 10,000.  Old
Oak-lined Streets - 75 years old avg.  Have program to start replacing
trees.  Problem is cost when looking to commercial replanting costs.
We want to start and maintain tree nursery to grow whips from Tree
Trust size to 1-1/2 in to 2 in sizes before planting on streets.

Need help setting up nursery.  Size needed, structures needed,
designs, etc.  Just point me in right direction!  Would like to hear
about reference books, articles, and ANY advice from folks who have
*been-there-done-that*.

Thanx,    Arnold Leak, Valley City Council Member