EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

norm lenhart lenhart at rippers.com
Wed Nov 20 06:26:51 EST 1996

Dale Wagner wrote:

> David Whitt wrote:

> > And what of the wildlife which called those old, now turned into junk
> > mail, trees in that old-growth forest? .
> .
> They moved into the clear cut and multplied !   GO LOOK!!!!!!!

They sure do ! Of course SOME would have us believe the opposite.
Wildlife of all kinds also inhabit the forests planted where once there
were only feilds. The Extremists try fostering the belief that Logging
turns vast tracts of land into barren wastelands , devoid of life for
all eternity. Nothing can be further from the truth.

Many people who have no idea of the reality of the situation, simply
accept the lies and disinformation campaigns of EF! and the Sierra Club.

I challenge these people to go to a place where new logging has occured.
Naturally, the scene is not one of "Natural beauty". However, go back to
that same spot 1 year later. You find new trees and plants of all kinds,
growing. You find the land "Born anew". Much of the time, it is helped
along by the planting of new timber BY THE LOGGING COMPANYS. NOT BY EF!
and the SIERRA CLUB!!

logging had occured.

of past logging exists.

Through out it all, Wildlife fills the area. Those of us from logging
areas have always known this. EF! and the SC know it all to well. The
difference is that - that information is counterproductive to thier
adgenda. It is that adgenda that takes away perfectly useable land and
"PROIECTS IT". It is that adgenda which causes families to loose jobs.
It is that adgenda that causes children to go hungry and be denied
neccacary health care because the parents have lost thier jobs.
"Protects it" from what ?

The answer is from people using itrationally, and reasonably. The sad
truth is they are like a greedy child with too many toys. They say "Dont
touch that". We say "Why not" ? They say "Because I said so" . When we
dont listen to them and do it anyway, they run to "Mommy" (the
government) and lie about how we "wont play fair" . Its a simple
analogy, but one that fits the situation perfectly.

These Groups MUST be exposed for the frauds that they are.  As the song
goes, "This land is your land, This land is my land". We're keeping it
that way.

The desert is in a simmilar crisis. Not an environmental one, but an
environmentalist coused one. Sierra and EF! scream that the desert is
being destroyed by everything from ORV's to "Global Warming". As above,
I challenge people to see for themselves. Get the facts. Come down here
and talk to the locals. The people who have been here for decades. They
all tell the same story. The desert is the same today as it was decades
ago. Sure more people live here. However, a quick trip to the files
available from the USGS (united states geological survey) offices show
the truth of the tale. Lump the populated areas together, and you have a
little spot surrounded by enormous ammounts of land that have never seen
a human being.

However, Sierra and EF! strongarmed the Govt. into passing the Desert
Protection Act Somehow the enviro-terrorists figgured that that one
small spot of population was a mortal danger to 13.8 million acres of
land.
It just ain't so folks. Again, come and see for yourselves.

This closure too will change.

--
Norm Lenhart
Editor / Writer VW&SC - Off-Road.com