EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 07:49:02 EST 1996

In article <b177cc$f3b2d.196 at NTNEWS>
           ritzel at prairienet.org "Brian J. Ritzel" writes:

> You don't understand.  An inseperable part of the thrill of Off-Roading is the
> thrill of destruction.  To confine the activity to gravel pits and strip mines
> would emasculate the sport.

Having seen the arguements i thing that the word emasculate is most appropriate
we have seen theexfects of a great deal of testosterone in some peoples
postings :-) A great deal of verbal brawn with very little scientific brain.

> The whole ORV argument relies upon this basic premise, but the ORV enthusiasts
> are too ashamed to admit it.  Which is why ORV enthusiasts seem to not make
> any sense (their arguments lack this necessary, unspoken premise), and why
> they instead resort to invective, as so wonderfully demonstrated by Mr.
> Lenhart (to hide their shame).

An interesting insight into Mr Lenhart's psychology. This perhaps explains
the reason why he refuses to accept that when habitats are changed the range
of species that can survive in them changes as well.
I found his statements on old-growth forests most peculiar but seeing
that he works in an industry that damages desert ecosystems explained
a great deal. I think he is loosing the arguement which is why he is getting
so natsy with his opponents.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk "The beauty and genius of a work of art
may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed, but when