EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Sat Nov 23 23:39:04 EST 1996

I have noted that some environmentalist on news groups are like dogs, barking in the
night.  Every night the dog starts barking, you throw shoes, bricks and bullets at it ,
and it moves down the block and continues barking.  When the sun comes up, the dog falls
asleep, full of himself on having brought the sun up again.

What did it accomplish?  It fulfilled its need to bark, it irritated the honest citizens
of the neighborhood, and had great satisfaction in being able to bark.  But it hasn't
changed the neighborhood one iota.  But tonight, it will be out again, barking at the
moon, not having learned from any experience or source.  Nor can you teach him the error
of his ways, because it doesn't respond to anything but internal stimulae.

So what do you do?  You ignore it, and sooner or later it will go away, or get hit by a
truck.  If you continue to feed it, it stays around.  So, don't feed it, and increase
the speed limit on the streets.

Now if we could just teach it not to cross post.