EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 13:47:07 EST 1996

In article <329A5A55.2286 at rippers.com> lenhart at rippers.com "norm lenhart" writes:

> Neil Jones wrote:
> >
> > In article <32991596.3DF at rippers.com> lenhart at rippers.com "norm lenhart"
>  writes:
> >
> > > Neil Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > Diccovry runs nature programs all the time about these species being
> > > "dependant and endangered". They all seem
> > > To survive the logging by migration. Conviently froget that ?
> >
> > Utter nonsense, most animal species are not very mobile.
> > Many live in very narrow niches. A different habitat will not contain the
> > same range of species. This has been demonstrated by research time and time
> > again. Your statments have as much credibility as stating that babies are
> > brought by the stork!
>
> Utter nonsense. One need not be an evironmental biologist to realize
> that migration need not entail cross continent travel. Your post says
> zero to address my statement.

If you had the faintest trace of knowledge of the subject of ecology
you would know that I had. It seems that you don't understand what is meant
by a "niche".

> > Your postings demonstrate a low level of scientific literacy.
> > You refusal to accept easily established facts demonstrates a religious
> > style of belief rather than one based on logic.
> >

> Coming from someone resolving to "Stork" comments, the admonishment
> holds little weight.

The stork comment is quite appropriate as the level of scientific understanding
which you have demonstrated is extremely poor. This is why I used that
analogy. I acquired my understanding of the point about habitats at about the
same time as I acquired knowledge of the nature of the human reproductive
process. Hence I think it is reasonable to draw the comparison.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk "The beauty and genius of a work of art
may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed, but when