Amount of oxygen a plants put out?

gates gates at gates.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 13:40:07 EST 1996

In article <5514ki$p9j at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, Wesarnold
<wesarnold at aol.com> writes
>Having tried several texts without success, does anyone know where I can
>find out the amount of oxygen output for any kind of plant or plants.
>      Thank you for helping.
>
>Wesarnold at aol.com
>Let Love and Kindness be the standard of human conduct.
Government agencies can usually help.  Trees give off 3 times the oxygen
while growing.  After maturity they go downhill.  A broad leaved tree
gives off 3 - 7 times the o a pine does.  An oak gives 3 - 7 times that
of other, lesser, deciduous trees.  A pine supports 19 forms of life,
mainly arachnids.  An oak supports 69 including deer & man.  A
rainforest tree gives several times the oxygen of an oak.  One tree
supports one human and vice versa (for CO2). We have lost a lot of o to
space through the ozone layer hole.  There is only enough o and trees to
recycle it to last us 70 years according to one computer model.  The
next best thing to get o from is kelp.  Much kelp will die in changing
water levels.  It takes a long time to grow up to a mile to the surface.
I hope this helps.  I'm sorry I can't give sources apart from my own
authority that they are standard perceived knowledge.    Regards
Les Ballard         Les at gates.demon.co.uk

c/o BM: Gates of Annwn
London WC1N 3XX   U.K.       44+(0)1708 670431

No copyright statement is attached as the author is litigious.

Turnpike evaluation. For Turnpike information, mailto:info at turnpike.com