Geese eating roses and other plants

gates gates at gates.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 13:17:38 EST 1996

In article <32738FE5.53D0 at imagine-hawaii.com>, Webmaster
<webmaster at imagine-hawaii.com> writes
>We have 18 geese running loose on our little farm.  It is nice that they
>keep the grass short, but they also like to eat the new banana plants,
>roses, etc.
>
>Short of building a fence around the geese or the plants, is there
>thing I can plant or a chemical I can apply that will discourage
>the geese from mutilating these other plants?
>
>Webmaster at Imagine Hawaii
Try a live wire, earthed & insulated, to see if geese will cross it.
Some creatures see a field around the wire & won't cross it.  Some do.
Of course you can always use a tiny electric fence if they cannot see
the field then, once trained, turn the electric off.  However, it does
not escape my attention that geese fly & many fluffy bunny brigade types
would flame me for even mentioning electric fences.  Enjoy!
Les Ballard         Les at gates.demon.co.uk

c/o BM: Gates of Annwn
London WC1N 3XX   U.K.       44+(0)1708 670431

No copyright statement is attached as the author is litigious.

Turnpike evaluation. For Turnpike information, mailto:info at turnpike.com