Tree question - have fungus/hole in Maple tree

Frank Abbott cnfm3 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 10 14:00:20 EST 1996

To whom it may concern,

    I need help concerning a tree in my yard. Its a very tall Maple
divided into two main branches. Its a fairly old tree and fungus and
flying ants have really worked on it for awhile. Now squirls and other
small animals go into the 4 - 5 inch at the base. I'd like to save the
tree. I really can't top the tree and their is blacktop around it so it
would be very hard to feed it. I have heard that one could put a
fungicide in the cavity and then fill with cement
Any help would be greatly appreciated - I want to save that beautiful
tree.

Thanks,
Frank
cnfm3 at worldnet.att.net