agroforestry research contacts

Peter Durr Peter.Durr1 at jcu.edu.au
Tue Sep 24 19:57:50 EST 1996

Hi,

I'm a PhD student whose been looking at the raintree (Samanea saman) when it occurs at
low densities in an improved grasslands here in north-easdt tropical Queensland.

The aim of the study was to examine a relatevly "natural" agroforestry system to try
and work out the effects of the tree on the soil, micoroclimate, water balance,
vegetation and to a some extent the grazing cattle.

More or less I came to some sort of understanding of the ecosystem functioning, and
the good news for agroforestry, the result confirm the beneficial effects of trees in
terms of system stability and productivity.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has been working in this area and to
make contact with like minded researchers.

Peter Durr