Classification of trees

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Tue Apr 1 12:26:43 EST 1997

Bob Weber wrote:

> I am an amatuer naturalist with more than an average knowledge of
> plants.  Someone recently asked me how trees should properly be
> classified.  My answer was by leaf types or possibly as gymnosperms or
> angiosperms. This person thought that trees should be classified as
> either deciduous or evergreen.  However, I wasn't comfortable with that
> description.  Can anyone help me?

Some one else will have the real answer, but, "All of the above" would
fit well.  but start with gymnosperms and angiosperms, and breakdown
from there.  With in each of these you have varitable leaf, deciduous
and evergreen.  A good dendrology text will set the standards to look at
and follow.

--
Ego Stroke:  http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/