Please Help me!!!!

Institute for Sustainable Agriculture in the Tropics siat at net.cosapidata.com.pe
Mon Apr 7 11:19:45 EST 1997

Hi!. We are trying to introduce and produce some species in our organic
farm
located in the high mountains of the Peruvian amazonia. We thank you
if you can help us.

1. Which is the phenologic stage for collecting "Citronella
Grass"(Cymbopogon
nardus)? How many cuts can carried out during the year? And When?

2. What is the collection (harvest) form and what is the percentage of
humidity loss in "Citronella Grass" (Cymbopogon nardus)? Is it similar
 to "Lemon Grass" (Cymbopogon citratus)?

3. What registered pathogen causes root rot and foliage infection in
"Borage"
(Borago officinalis) and what are the control methods applied?

4. What is the difference between Ruta chalepensis and Ruta grabeolis?
Which one is for commercial use?

5.What are the medicinal species you are working with in your experimental
field?

QUESTIONS

1.-	Is there some type of virosis registered in "Chamomile"?
2.-	Why do some species have a low germinative capacity? Is there any
treatment for increasing their germinative capacity?( See chart of
germinative evaluation)
3.- 	What is the agent causing the root rotting in the "Borage"?
4.-	Is Helmintosporium registered attacking "Citronella Grass"? Why is this
pathogen registered in "Lemon Grass"?

Thank you again for your help and we look forward to your response.