Trees for profit

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Wed Apr 9 10:21:50 EST 1997

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> Don Staples wrote:
>
> > I'll buy and move as much quality hard wood as I can find, or sell it
> > for my clients.  The problem in Texas is we have no quality hard wood
> > market, no secondary furniture industry to demand better quality
> > hardwood.
>
> Has anyone tried shipping the better hardwood to the East?

Yep, best we can do is some to Louisianna, less to Mississippi and
Georgia.  No infrastructure to support the transfer of raw product or
finished goods.  Part of the problem is the attitude about hard wood
compared to the $450+ price for pine right now, as long as there is no
hard wood market, we wont create one!  Fast growth high dollar pine vs
slow growth questionable value hard wood, even with bottem land sites
primarily hard wood.

short sighted, at the least.
--
Ego Stroke:  http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/