Trees for profit

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sun Apr 27 07:56:27 EST 1997

Larry Caldwell wrote:

> Buy for 60, mill it, sell for 600.  Those are nice numbers.

Hmmm... There are numerous mills around here of all sizes. If the profit
was that good then they'd be doing it. I'm not sure what the nunbers
are, but I suspect the market for milled lumber just isn't that good. I
don't know why it wouldn't be except that there is an overabundance of
pine in the area. The old supply and demand rule. Plus there just isn't
much construction going on in the northeast which is still a depressed
area except of course for the upper 5% who own the stock market. <G>