Severance and property taxes

Robert_Barton Robert_Barton at nesbbx.rain.com
Mon Aug 11 16:13:06 EST 1997

In <Pine.GSO.3.96.970810011133.14926O-100000 at linda.teleport.com>, Bob Tiernan
<zulu at teleport.com> writes:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Joseph Zorzin wrote:
>
> > As it is right now, the richest 5% families in America own 95%
> > of the wealth.
>
> And this has happened in our mixed and controlled economy, which
> has been implemented piece by piece, program by program, in order
> to prevent the result you complain about.  Now how did that happen?

  Indeed, it sounds like the New Deal and the Great Society
 didn't work after all.

 "Definitely, I would've had more opportunity for advancement and even
 for hiring had I been considered black.  I was prevented from applying
 and requesting positions and other benefits for minority person because
 I knew I was legally white."   Mostafa Hefny