What is agroforestry? Well...

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Aug 15 12:23:13 EST 1997

kats wrote:

>Also all those river flats that will never be
> logged again - unfortunately due to rising water tables and seasonal
> flooding - will not support conifers (very few, anyways).

Hi Kats- just curious about the ecology of those flats. So, if you left
them alone after cutting, they'd grow into alder?. Then what would
succeed the alder, eventually, if left alone? Would those desired
conifers come back in?

Is some of the flooding and higher water tables due to all the cutting
on the higher slopes? Is it possible some of those higher slopes should
not be cut? (trying not to sound like .... God forbid- an environut.)
(nice word which I learned about here <G>)

And regarding hemp, it has many usefull values, besides smoking it. Too
bad the Neanderthals run the world, and repress this product. Now
tobacco! If you could grow that, you could probably get a BIG subsidy
from Jessie Helms.

--
http://forestmeister.com
"The ONLY forester's web page in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts- but