Flagging/marking trees

david decker davidd at neosoft.com
Mon Aug 25 12:28:29 EST 1997

Is there a general color code for marking trees for defining a boundary,
trees to cut and for trees to not cut?   I have seen trees along a
property boundary marked in red paint and had been told that pink
florescent tape could be used to flag trees to not cut..

If some trees were flagged at chest height with pink florescent tape
along a fence boundary, is it unreasonable to expect loggers to not cut
them?

I have also seen trees in U.S forest areas in East Texas marked with
green paint.  Is this woodpecker habitat?

Thanks for info.