The debate

Paul Morgan t2r6 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 2 22:44:41 EST 1997

Joseph Zorzin wrote in message <34842543.BAF at forestmeister.com>...

>But REALLY bad logging can cause fires and flooding or cut neighbors
>trees and cause a Hatfield and McCoy feuds with all you good old boys
>from New Hampshire. <G>

But these types of situations are adequately covered by civil litigation and
can be avoided anyway by minimal educational effort and supervision on the
part of the landowner.

>I contend that having a forester involved is WORTH the cost, because a
>competant forester will assure you get a better price and avoid the
>worse case scenario problems.

This may be the case for certain landowners (perhaps even a majority).  But
that doesn't change the fundamentals of the issue - the owner of the land
has the right to manage or mismanage their land free from the burden of Big
Forester.  Because my land is NOT community property.
>------->http://forestmeister.com>"The only forestry web page in the
otherwise sophisticated state
of>Massachusetts">>http://forestmeister.com/global-online-essays/home.html>"
Earth's only online forestry journal containing essays from the
cutting>edge- no pun intended"

-- Paul
                       Morgan Forest Products
                              - Since 2006 -
    "Real Wood - Because Life is too Long for Plastic"