Clearcutting.

Nick Ananin visfor at globalnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 05:40:27 EST 1997

>Clearcutting is like a ball peen hammer....it's a great tool for re-shaping
>things.  You can even drive a screw with it, but the result is pretty ugly.

For some there is little choice as trying to thin results in windblow and
loss of a valuable resource. Ugly? - well beauty is in the eye of the
beholder.  Also clearcut sites can provide a different habitat for some
wildlife. I would say that the important thing is to manage the SCALE of the
clearcut to achieve the objectives of management :-)

Nick Ananin , Vision Forestry, Aberdeen, Scotland