Clearcutting.

BOBNDWOODS bobndwoods at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 20:27:36 EST 1997

In article <3483628E.54DE at forestmeister.com>, Joseph Zorzin
<redoak at forestmeister.com> writes:

>I contemplated my navel during the clearcut and all was well with Budda. He
>actually congratulated me on it; saying that dam ugly weevil infested pine
>forest needed a good haircut. <G> Now, 20 years later, it's a beautiful large
>sapling size mixed hardwood stand.

And in Alabama we clearcut those dam ugly rotten knotty high-graded upland
hardwood stands to plant pines that are ready to thin pulpwood from in 20
years. The fat green guy is the landowner.   ;)

Clearcutting is like a ball peen hammer....it's a great tool for re-shaping
things.  You can even drive a screw with it, but the result is pretty ugly.

Bob Miller
Alabama Registered Forester

~~~> The forest may be quiet, but that doesn't mean all the snakes have left.
~~~>