CO2 and forestry

Jamie Simpson jamessim at uoguelph.ca
Fri Dec 5 23:33:34 EST 1997

Last I heard, you needed quite large increases in CO2 to achieve any significant
yield increase.  Of course, this leads to greater CO2 fixation.  However, I
don't think that this would lead to a decrease in atmospheric CO2.  The increase
in greenhouse gas would not be offset by increased fixation.  The planet will
warm up and we'll all die anyways.  At least that's what is said in the
newspapers.  In the mean time...talk to your plants.  They won't talk back and a
little extra CO2 in the immediate vicinity of our green friends might help.

--
ÐÏࡱá