Clearcutting.

Timothy Hunley HUN60 at webtv.net
Sat Dec 6 07:39:16 EST 1997

Learning is a painfull process sometimes.  May
be that what we need is more "good" clearcutting examples in view of the
public and posted with information about the application of this
procedure stressing present and long-range benefits in managing our
renewable natural resources.

The public sees nothing wrong with a harvested corn field that leaves
the soil bare for half the year.  This is accepted as a normal sequence
of a well managed agricultural industry.

The US Forest Service tried this public information approach some years
back--I'm not sure what the results were.

Check out my response to clearcutting in "The Woodlot"