Stumpage vales, was :Ignorance Tax

BOBNDWOODS bobndwoods at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 07:47:48 EST 1997

In article <348778A2.41B1 at livingston.net>, Don Staples
<dstaples at livingston.net> writes:

>BOBNWOODS, during a locale sale one of my procurement buddies bid an >exteamly
low price on timber I had for sale, one week prior he bid and
>took a sale for the same amount my sale went for.  When I asked him why
>(my timber was of better grade and volume) he kind of shrugged and said
>"I dont know", walked off shaking his head.  So sometimes it is a matter
>of how you see the tract.

Been there, done that.

My situation right now could look like that to a consultant.  I was telling one
of my consultant buddies today that we were backing off of bid sales because we
had enought winter wood to keep our producers busy.  To buy wood at todays
prices that we can't cut till June would be suicide.  So were now trying to
pimp some summer tracts.  <g>

Bob Miller
Alabama Registered Forester

~~~> The forest may be quiet, but that doesn't mean all the snakes have left.
~~~>