Log exports; was field skills lacking?

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Thu Dec 11 19:35:43 EST 1997

Ron Wenrich wrote:

> Don Staples wrote:
>
> > I for one am ready to stop all imports of any forest products, less see,
> > if I was God.....................
> > --
> > Don Staples
> > UIN 4653335
> >
> > My Ego Stroke:  http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/
>
> I, for one, would like to see free trade.  I think we can compete on a level
> playing field.  The problem is that the field ain't level.  Canadians are
> also huge importers of NE hardwoods.  I have a standing order for 10/4
> poplar with a Canadian firm.  I know of companies who sell the bulk of their
> production to Canadians.  So, if you stop all imports, do you stop all
> exports?
>
> RDW

If our government really had any balls, they'd insist that Japan and
China started balancing the trade- that's where the real problem is- or
else. Then perhaps those countries would buy more of our logs and
processed wood; which would be great for the forestry business.

--
-------
http://forestmeister.com

http://forestmeister.com/global-online-essays/home.html
"Earth's only online forestry journal containing essays from the cutting
edge- no pun intended"