Today's Forests Lack Color

J. Fiske jfiske at lightlink.com
Tue Dec 16 08:58:55 EST 1997

Yo Todd ... it is possible to disagree without being profane. In this group
folks try to treat others with respect (even if you don't think the other
person deserves it). That's one of the reasons I'm here. There's always
alt.flame for the other garbage.

Todd M. Bolton <tmbolton at erols.com> wrote in article
<3491FB04.6C7 at erols.com>...
> Paul Morgan wrote:

> > >If the agency is succeed in the future, we much secure the support of
> > >all those that use or may use the forests in the future.
> >
> > Nonsense.  Name one other gubmint agency that has secured the support
of all
> > those that use or may use their services or things under their
jurisdiction.
> > This is a smokescreen to justify funneling taypayer's money towards pet
> > projects to manipulate the behaviour of those you consider less
enlightened.
> > (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here - the real reasons may be
> > less, um, charitable.)
>
> Actually, you are being an insuating insulting asshole, and, I would
> guess, quite aware of it.
>
> Many urban residents DO NOT know that they are partial owners of the
> national forests or wildlife refuges.  I will point out that the
> military services have all gone into recruiting balances in a large
> way.  Police departments frequently search for candidates to produce a
> mirror image of the population they serve.  If all the rangers and/or
> users are white then those populations will remain white.
>

> > >Our challenge is to
> > >seek their understanding of the national and private forests, to
provide
> > >environmental education and awareness, and to preserve this natural
> > >resource.
> > >Most of all we need to ask them what they understand and what they
> > >want.  I
> > >know that we are limited in our efforts because of funding.
> >
> > I took a look at your charter, http://www.fs.fed.us/intro/mvgp.html,
and
> > nowhere do I find anything remotely resembling the manipulation of
various
> > racial groups to promote their use of the forests to your satisfaction.
 Do
> > you disagree?
> >
> > Dennis has backed off somewhat on his original post, but I think it
needs
> > pointing out the following quote from the original:
> >
> > "All such communities ask is to be included in the people we serve."
> >
> > The implication here, of course, is that somebody or something is
PREVENTING