Shiitake Mushroom...

Jostnix jostnix at
Wed Dec 17 13:57:08 EST 1997

In article <6779t8$a4b at>, "Alan S. Wicks"
<NAP-4 at> writes:

>It is really easier, and faster, to grow them on wood CHIP rather than
on the
>logs.  See for some info.  Also, try
bionet.mycology for
>some ideas.

Thanks Alan, and I totally agree.  Two options are available with chips being
easier and faster.  Can you imagine boring holes in a cord of oak logs,
stuffing the holes with spawning material, then capping with 400 degree wax?

  Logs are plentiful and readily available on site.  I compiled the feature
with the idea of a true on-site "agroforestry" project with as few steps as
possible. I never made the claim it would be easy.

You sites are great.

Steve Nix, forestry guide
The Mining Company
``````) (_________John Stephen Nix