Not so NEW NEWS PREFERENCES

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 18:25:16 EST 1997

Does anyone know of other (faster growing or not) species of Christmas
trees
>that are self-shaping and suitable for Michigan (~ 45th
parallel).  Don't
>even try to sell me on Scotch Pines --
>Yuckie!!!!!!

Jimi:

Scotch are on my bad list as well and you, as I, like the self shaping tree
grown in the northland.  Let me suggest this if you havent already done it.

Go to forestry.miningco.com

On the welcome page is a feature on Christmas Trees with a link to the National
Christmas Tree Association.  They have every species in the US described with
growth characteristics and have tons of links.

Steve Nix, forestry guide
The Mining Company

      )(
    ))}{((