Canadian Lumber Update

John Butt johnbutt at eagleut.com
Tue Dec 23 09:41:55 EST 1997

Larry,  How do you know this is a subsidy?  Doesnt all the land management
cost fall to the industry with this system.  Here on Fed land almost all
the cost falls to taxpayer in most places.  (There are exceptions like
Allegheny and West Coast National Forests 20 years ago).

If you have any research on the economics of the Canadian system would be
interested in learning more about it.

John

--
John Butt, President