Questions/Survey about the Society of American Foresters

nclorax ncloraxnospam at infoave.net
Tue Dec 23 19:35:43 EST 1997

First off, yes I am a member.  No this is not an official
survey but I will be passing on the responses to the
National Office of the Society of American Foresters.

INSTRUCTIONS: Please choose from the responses after the
questions by deleting  those that you do not agree with. Or
delete them all and add your own responses.

1. Are you a member?
	Yes
	No

2. If not a member, why not?
	Costs to much. (See question #3)
	I don't get anything worthwhile from the SAF.
	To far to travel to get to the meetings.
	I do not believe in what they stand for.
	To much of the Society is run by academia.
	Other:

3. Members and non-members: What would be a
reasonable membership fee, per year, that would not
change from year to year except due to inflation?
	$60
	$70
	$80
	$90
	$100

4. Members and non-members that have read the "Journal of
Forestry":
If you could save $20 on your membership fees by not
receiving the "Journal of Forestry" would you take this
option?
	Yes
	No

5. Members and non-members that have read the "Journal of
Forestry":
Does/did the "Journal of Forestry" provide you a valuable
source of
information or it wasn't worth the paper it is/was printed
on?
	Valuable source of information
	Not worth the paper it is/was printed on

Thank You for your time and responses.  The above questions
are ones I think the
Society of American Foresters need to ask their members and
non-members if they
 want to meet the expectations of their members and gain new
members.

NC Lorax
--
[To reply, delete "nospam" from address]
Remember: Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires