WHIMPS

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 06:18:50 EST 1997

 susan112 at aol.com (Susan112) writes:

>Typical service forestry work with pvt. landowners, RFDs, urban,
info and
>education plus state land mgt. (8,100 acres plus another 4,000 in
helping out
>with forest mgt on Wildlife Areas).  Keeps me pretty busy, plus we
just got
>reorganized...They shouldn't call it "organized" when it feels
>rather
chaotic! :)

Susan:

Joe has no clue how frustrating juggling these balls can be.  He thinks he has
the only real forestry job in the world<grin>.

Alabama is a little different in that a forester runs a county with all the
above responsibility plus fire protection.  He or she gets many times the
clients a consultant gets and struggles with how to best serve each one; to
include referral to the best consultant (not necessarily ACF).

Alabama just got reorganized as well; downsizing...a trend in state gvmt.  We
have more to do with less people.  Bob Miller said we have 500 to 600 people.
Things change Bob...we are down to 300 with no new hiring.

Please stick this group out.  You can have much input and will add a public
sector side that is needed...and you are FIELD which is usually lost in the
equation; FIELD is where the most work and real need is.

Steve Nix

      )(
    ))}{((
``````) (___©______John Stephen Nix